Monday 25 June 2012

Squid Ink Linguine with Broccoli, Tomato and Shrimp Crème Sauce

I had a surprise day off - it reminded me of having unexpected snow days in the spring when I was in elementary school! So I decided to cook something to satisfy my never ending craving for Italian food since last summer. Also, I really wanted to try squid ink noodles since I really liked squid ink dressing when I tried in Italy... but I was really disappointed because the noodles just tasted normal. 


Recipe >>>

Ingredients:

Squid ink linguine 
1 cup broccoli, chopped
3/4 cup shrimps
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 onion, diced
1 bunch of chives
3 large cloves of garlic
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
500 ml of cream, I used 5% but you can use homo milk or 1% then add heavy cream. Depends how thick you want the sauce and how long it will take to thicken. 
2-3 tbsp olive oil
Don't forget the Salt & Pepper!

Method:

1. Chop everything up and defrost if needed.
2. Melt to butter in a small sauce pan over really low heat. Throw in the garlic and onion too. When the butter is liquid, add the flour and mix it into a paste. 
3. Add the cream, cheese and chives then stir well. Raise the heat and simmer lightly. Stir often to prevent it from burning. 
4. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan, add the broccoli, tomatoes and shrimp with medium heat. In the meantime cook your pasta al dente. 
5. When your sauce has thickened, pour in into the sauté pan with the rest of the ingredients and continue to simmer until desired thickness is reached. Add salt and pepper after its condensed. 
6. Coat your linguine with olive oil and put on your plate, then add the sauce. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment